“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
Technicians at SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan want to ensure you that your home is free from mold. You may not realize that mold spores are tiny. In fact, they are invisible to the naked eye. Consequently, complete removal of mold spores is an unrealistic goal. We never tell our customers that we can remove every trace of mold in their homes. Instead, our remediation techniques prevent the future growth and expansion of mold spores. You may wonder whether your home contains damaging spores. First, it is important to understand that every home has some amount of mold. These spores live in the air and thrive in your dog's fur.
Furthermore, mold spores enjoy living and breeding in water-damaged homes. These microscopic spores multiply fast. If you are living in a water-damaged home, arrange for a mold inspection right away. After inspecting your property, our technician provides you with a complete report. After viewing the details, you have the opportunity to work with our professionals. The next step is to start our mold remediation process. Do not risk the chance of mold spores spreading throughout your home. Call our office now if your home exhibits common signs attributed to mold spores.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (212) 768-9400
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (212) 768-9400
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2140 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: