Don't forget the Basement!
Basement Floods In New York City
Floods are common in basements even for those who live in areas that do not flood causing a lot of water damage. The problem could be from overflowing water containers, water taps that have been left open or water getting in through a crack when there are heavy rains. Prevent any room from a flood in Manhattan and New York City with SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan experts; we will get rid of the water within no time.
There are several factors that could result in a flooded basement from the outside. These are:
• There could be a small crack on the walls of the basement that allow water to sip in.
• In the event that there are any windows, make sure that you close them tightly when there is a heavy downpour.
• Make sure that water runoff does not pass anywhere near the foundation of the house.
• Ensure gutters are well in place to prevent water from falling near the foundation
The prevention should be from the inside as well:
• Invest in a sump pump to get rid of the water.
• You can also call SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan experts who will help you remove the water.
• Make sure all taps and water containers are closed to prevent an overflow.
Never underestimate the damage that the water can cause in your house. This makes it crucial to hire SERVPRO of Midtown Manhattan professional water damage restoration services.